Archive for the ‘oop’ Tag
As you can see, we have the following folders:
– web: here resides your public files (images, css, and index.php)
– app: here you can find application files: models, views, controllers (MVC)
or how to manage access to your classes.
In PHP there are three levels of access for properties and methods from within a class: public, private, and protected.
Public access is the default setting for method and for properties.
- Public properties and methods can be accessed from any context.
- Private methods and properties can ONLY be accessed from within the enclosing class. The subclasses have no access to them.
- Protected methods and properties can be accessed from within the enclosing class and from subclasses.
According with Zend Coding Standards, variables that are declared with the “private” or “protected” modifier, the first character of the variable name must be a single underscore.
eg: private $_myVar;